- RT @minhtngo: I'm the union leader Donald Trump attacked. I'm tired of being lied to about our jobs. wpo.st/09rK2 #TrumpLies 22 hours ago
- Hate note: "I heard you like Muslims." Yes I do, Mr. Hater. I like'em plenty. And Jews and Hindus and atheists...and Christians, too. 1 day ago
- RT @nyjorvikingur: @pranavjani @thomassdavisjr But you're dead on, exactly in reference to those posters. We know those orga are actively r… 1 day ago
- Lol. This was me talking about white nationalist flyers on campus. Ironically reversing what they always say abou… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Read past the headline. We don't condone Artan's action which hit us hard too. thelantern.com/2016/12/abdul-… 1 day ago
Author Archives: Pranav Jani
I’m honored to be speaking at the “Partitions and Empire” conference in September 2016 on “Ireland, Partition, and the Indian Revolutionary Imagination.” Empire and Partitions Poster 1
[Republished on March 17 at SocialistWorker.org as “Bernie’s Blind Spot.”] I attended the Bernie Sanders rally in my hometown, Columbus, Ohio, on Sunday March 13, just before the primaries. I was definitely moved by the event, but it also clarified for … Continue reading
In May 2004 I was an assistant professor at Wagner College in Staten Island, New York. In its deep wisdom, the administration invited Donald Trump to be the commencement speaker that summer, and awarded him an honorary degree… In a … Continue reading
The Jamhuriyat Road to Taksim Square: Shilpi Suneja.
Thanks to Keegan O’Brien for this powerful photo — which is part of a series: http://principlepictures.com/blog/2013/04/16/to-boston-from-kabul-with-love/ Blood has no national identification. Our capacity for empathy and solidarity is massive, and always must expand beyond the nationality of the victims.
This morning when I opened my inbox I got an excellent reminder of who teachers really are and what they/we do. The first line of the email to parents, written at 2am, says it all: ‘I want to let you … Continue reading